A notice of intention to recall California Assemblyman Jeff Miller
was filed on May 18, 2009
. The recall effort failed to quality for the ballot.
The reasons for recall included charges that Miller:
- Was complicit in the effort to raise state taxes by $42 billion
- Protected Republicans who voted to raise taxes.
- Endorsed others who voted to raise taxes.
- Voted to put Proposition 1A on the ballot, extending the new tax hikes by an additional 2 years
- Failed in his duty to the voters in the 71st District and reneged on his pledge to lower taxes.
|2009 recall campaigns|