|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 78|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Mobley's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The tax system in our state is in need of reform. Rates are too high, while there are too many exemptions and deductions. This makes our state uncompetitive. There are many reforms that could improve the situation, and I am willing to consider any reasonable reform proposal, but the general idea is to broaden the tax base by getting rid of exemptions, deductions, and credits that apply to special groups or activities. Broadening the tax base will allow rates to come down for everybody."
- Excerpt: "South Carolina has a lot to offer when it comes to attracting businesses. Our state’s natural beauty, mild climate, geographic location, and status as a right-to-work state make it an ideal place to do business. And we can do even better. By reforming the tax system and rolling back excessive regulation, South Carolina can be not only a desirable destination for established businesses looking to expand, but also a fertile environment where home-grown businesses, large and small, can sprout and thrive."
- Excerpt: "Families in our state deserve more choices in education, whether they choose to send their kids to public school, send them to private school, or educate them in the home. Teachers and principals in our state deserve flexibility to go along with accountability, so that innovation is not stifled by oppressive standards like Common Core."
- Excerpt: "As a member of the House, it would be my goal to publicize the conditions, requirements, and restrictions associated with federal dollars, so that the people of our state are aware of the trade-offs involved in each decision to accept federal funding."
The Structure of Government
- Excerpt: "As a member of the House, I would support reforms that aim to confine each branch of government to its proper role, and that serve to keep the power of those roles in proper balance, so that no single branch dominates."
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Incumbent Beth Bernstein was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jeff Mobley was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bernstein and Mobley will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Mobley + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Jeff Mobley on Facebook
- Jeff Mobley on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |