|South Dakota State Senate, District 24|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 24|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Monroe served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Taxation, Vice Chair|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate took place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Ruth Rehn was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Jeff Monroe defeated Tad Perry in the Republican primary. Monroe defeated Rehn in the general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeff Monroe Incumbent||59%||5,478|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
|South Dakota State Senate, District 24 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jeff Monroe Incumbent||52.6%||2,541|
Monroe won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 24. He defeated Tad Perry in the Republican primary on June 5. He was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Bob Gray (R) is retiring due to term limits.
|South Dakota State Senate District 24 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Jeff Monroe is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Jeff Monroe raised a total of $24,286 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Jeff Monroe's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 24||$12,322|
|2002||South Dakota State Senate, District 24||$6,060|
|2000||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 24||$5,904|
|Grand Total Raised||$24,286|
2012Jeff Monroe won election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jeff Monroe raised a total of $12,322.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeff Monroe's campaign in 2012|
|Peter Norbeck Com||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$12,322|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Monroe + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota Senate Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota State Senate District 24
- Profile from the South Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012, 2002, 2000
- SD former legislator page
- Jeff Monroe on Twitter
- Our Campaigns, "Monroe, Jeff," accessed May 8, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 11, 2012
- The Republic, "Monroe narrowly ahead of Perry in Senate District 24; race within margin for recount," June 6, 2012
- Mitchell Republic, "Rep. Perry seeks recount after narrow defeat," June 13, 2012 (dead link)
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Monroe, Jeff," accessed September 26, 2013
Gary Hanson (D)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|
Bob Gray (R)
|South Dakota State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|