|Idaho House of Representatives District 7A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Mayor, Lewiston, Idaho|
|Birthday||September 13, 1952|
|Place of birth||Culbertson, MT|
Nesset is a branch manager for D.A. Davidson & Co., a Montana-based investment firm. He sits on the board of Regence Blue Shield of Idaho and the Jack O'Connor Hunting Heritage & Education Center. He served as mayor of Lewiston, ID from 1998 to 2007, and as a Lewiston City Councilman from 1996 to 2007. Nesset holds a bachelor's degree in Business Management from Montana State University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nesset served on these committees:
Nesset's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Excellent employers provide good jobs and good paychecks."
- Excerpt: "Idaho's education system is one of its strongest assets and is vital to the success and growth of our state."
- Effective and Efficient Government
- Excerpt: "Yes it can be. There is too much debate about bigger or smaller government instead of focusing on smart government."
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
|Idaho State Senate District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 7A (2010)|
|Jeff Nesset (R)||6,835||54.6%|
|Liz Chavez (D)||5,688||45.4%|
In 2010, a year in which Nesset was up for re-election, he collected $34,438 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeff Nesset's campaign in 2010|
|Nesset, Jeffrey G||$6,832|
|House Republican Caucus||$1,000|
|Idaho Republican Party State Central Cmte||$1,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,438|
Nesset and his wife, Teri, have three children and four grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Nesset + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook page
- Campaign website, Issues
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," accessed March 14, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
|Idaho House of Representatives District 7A
| Succeeded by|
Shannon McMillan (R)