|Indiana State Senate, District 27|
|November 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 6, 2018|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||Baker College of Muskegon|
|Birthday||September 13, 1963|
Raatz earned his bachelor's degree in Business from Baker College of Muskegon. Raatz's professional experience includes working as an educator. He is the principal of Richmond Academy and a part-time program coordinator at Miami University.
Raatz's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe we should [keep] taxation and regulation at a minimum, affording Hoosiers the ability to make sound business decisions, and we should purposefully attract other businesses to establish themselves in Indiana."
- Excerpt: "...we must work with Colleges and Universities with a focus on STEM based course work, creating degrees and vocational programs at the local level. We must retain as much control as possible at the local level."
- Excerpt: "We must work diligently to protect Agriculture from additional taxation and work to be a leader in innovation in each sector. Finally, with some 83% of Indiana’s land supporting agriculture, we need to realize that for many families, agriculture has been a way of life for generations and should not be taken lightly."
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Jerome "Jake" Hoog was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jeff Raatz defeated Eric Atkinson, Doug Williamson and R. Bruce Wissel in the Republican primary. Raatz defeated Hoog and Rex Bell (L) in the general election. Bell filed to run on July 2, 2014.
|Indiana State Senate District 27, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jerome "Jake" Hoog||25.2%||6,250|
|Indiana State Senate, District 27 Republican Primary, 2014|
|R. Bruce Wissel||29.2%||2,549|
In 2014, Raatz's endorsements include:
- Indiana Manufacturing Association
- Indiana Family Institute
- Hoosiers for Quality Education
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Raatz and his wife, Lisa, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Raatz + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana Senate Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana State Senate - Senator Jeff Raatz
- Official campaign website
- Jeff Raatz on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart, "Jeff Raatz's Biography," accessed April 23, 2014
- Raatz for Indiana State Senate, "Jeff’s Vision for District 27," accessed April 23, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed August 11, 2014
- Raatz for Indiana State Senate Committee, "About Jeff," accessed April 23, 2014
Allen Paul (R)
|Indiana State Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|