Jeff Stone (California)
|California State Senate, District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Stone's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to increase water storage and delivery systems to ensure southern California and the central valley have a dependable water source. We should continue to examine the efficacy of desalination plants like the one recently built in Carlsbad."
- Excerpt: "I’ve signed the No New Taxes Pledge and I won’t accept any plan to alter or abolish Prop. 13 or raise taxes on already overburdened California taxpayers."
- Excerpt: "I oppose early release of prison inmates. AB 109 (Public Safety Realignment) is bad public policy that allows dangerous felons to be placed in County jails and released early. If tents in 110 degrees are good enough for our military in Iraq then why not for our convicts? Place them in tents in remote areas of the County. We must stop spending $150,000 each for building new jail cells!"
- Excerpt: "I believe we need to give local school boards, parents, and teachers the flexibility to adopt education plans suitable to their local needs. I support school choice and Charter schools."
- Excerpt: "Seniors on Medicare are already paying more because Obamacare took money away from the Medicare system. While this is a federal law, I will do everything I can to help repeal it and replace it with real reforms that lower costs, protect patient choice and maintain America’s high standards for health care."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Bonnie Garcia (R) and Jeff Stone (R) defeated Philip Drucker (D), Anna Nevenic (D), William "Bill" Carns (R) and Glenn A. Miller (R) in the blanket primary. Garcia will face Stone in the general election.
In 2014, Stone's endorsements include the following:
- Riverside Sheriffs’ Association
- Southwest Young Republicans of Riverside County
- Dave Kelley, Former State Senator and State Assemblyman
- Pete Schabarum, Author of California Term Limits and former State Assemblyman
- Ted Weggeland, Former State Assemblyman and Republican Whip
- Don Kent, Treasurer/Tax Collector, Riverside County
- Larry Ward, Assessor, Riverside County
- Marion Ashley, Supervisor Riverside County
- Kevin Jeffries, Supervisor Riverside County
- Jim Venable, Former Supervisor, Riverside County
- Tom Mullen, Former Supervisor, Riverside County
- Cois Byrd, Former Sheriff, Riverside County
- Jim Hyatt, City Council Member, Calimesa
- Mary Craton, Mayor, Canyon Lake
- Jordan Erencranz, City Council Member, Canyon Lake
- Ike Bootsma, Mayor, Eastvale
- Larry Smith, Mayor Pro Tem, Hemet
- Shellie Milne, City Council Member, Hemet
- Scott Mann, Mayor, Menifee
- Wallace Edjerton, Former Mayor, Menifee
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Stone + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Senate
- California State Senate elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Senate District 28
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jeff Stone on Facebook