|North Carolina State Senate District 41|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois|
Tarte graduated from the University of Illinois with a Bachelor's degree in Economics. He has worked as an executive of a multimillion-dollar consulting firm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tarte served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on General Government and Information Technology|
|• Appropriations on Natural and Economic Resources|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Health Care|
|• State and Local Government|
Tarte's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Why Jeff is Serving
- Excerpt: "I am serving District 41 in the State Senate because I believe that our taxes are too high and our spending is not correctly prioritized on the services we need most to create lasting job growth, improve roads and create excellent schools."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jeff Tarte was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Latrice McRae was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tarte defeated McRae in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 41 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeff Tarte Incumbent||60.5%||35,572|
Tarte ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 41. He advanced to a July 17 runoff where he defeated John Aneralla. He ran unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 41, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Tarte is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Tarte raised a total of $198,071 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Jeff Tarte's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 41||$198,071|
|Grand Total Raised||$198,071|
2012Tarte won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Tarte raised a total of $198,071.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeff Tarte's campaign in 2012|
|Tarte, Jeffery & Nancy||$50,000|
|Tarte, Jeffery Phillip||$20,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$198,071|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
Tarte and his wife, Nancy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Tarte + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jeff Tarte on Facebook
- Jeff Tarte on Twitter
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- jefftarte.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- Charlotte Observer, "N.C. Legislature - Mecklenburg: Earle wins 9th term; Aneralla, Tarte battling," May 9, 2012 (dead link)
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results, 2012," accessed June 18, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Tarte, Jeffery Phillip," accessed August 29, 2013
Chris Carney (R)
|North Carolina State Senate District 41
| Succeeded by|