|Vermont House of Representatives, Bennington 4|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Wilson earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth in 1977. He went on to receive his MPA at Suffolk University in 1981.
Wilson was the Town Manager of the Town of Manchester from 1986 to 2003. He has worked as co-owner of Transit Solutions Group since 2004. He has also been President of Nashville Eastern & Western Railroads since then.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wilson served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wilson served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
Wilson won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Bennington 4. Wilson was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Wilson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wilson raised a total of $138 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Jeff Wilson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Bennington-4||$138|
|Grand Total Raised||$138|
2012Wilson won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $138.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeff Wilson's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$138|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Wilson voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Wilson and his wife, Jackie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Wilson + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Jeff Wilson's personal website
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008