|New Mexico Secretary of Agriculture|
|May 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||New Mexico State University Board of Regents|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University (1984)|
|Master's||New Mexico State University (1985)|
Witte first joined the New Mexico Department of Agriculture in 1994, serving as assistant director. In 2003, he became the director for the Office of Agricultural Biosecurity for NMDA and New Mexico State University (NMSU). In 2004, Witte co directed the Southwest Border Food Safety and Defense Center at NMSU.
- BS, Agricultural Business and Management, New Mexico State University (1984)
- MS, Agricultural Economics, New Mexico State University (1985)
New Mexico Secretary of Agriculture (2011-present)
Witte has served as New Mexico Secretary of Agriculture since May 2011.
Witte was appointed as New Mexico Secretary of Agriculture by the New Mexico State University Board of Regents in May 2011. He stated, “Most of all...I look forward to working with our producers, processors, transporters, and retailers who are the heart and soul of our agricultural industry and provide the economic backbone in many communities in our great state.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Witte + New + Mexico + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ticket feature: Milk Lover's Ball coming to Clovis Civic Center - Clovis News Journal
- Potential Presidential Candidates Already Gearing Up For 2016 Election - Huffington Post
|New Mexico Secretary of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|