|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Clayton County Board of Education, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Years of service||32|
Jeffery Benoit ran against incumbent Alieka Anderson in the Democratic primary election on May 20, 2014.
|Clayton County Public Schools, District 8, 4-year term, May 20, 2014|
|Democratic||Alieka Anderson Incumbent||67.4%||1,067|
|Source: Clayton County Board of Elections, "Official and Complete Election Results," May 20, 2014|
Benoit did not file a campaign finance report with the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission in this election.
Benoit did not receive any endorsements in this election.
Benoit ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 76. Benoit and Kim Owens were defeated by incumbent Sandra Scott in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives District 76 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Sandra Scott Incumbent||57.1%||3,724|
|Kim Cox Owens||25.9%||1,691|
About the district
- See also: Clayton County Public Schools, Georgia
Clayton County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Georgia in terms of higher education achievement and median household income in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.5 percent of Clayton County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 27.8 percent for Georgia as a whole. The median household income in Clayton County was $42,569 compared to $49,604 for the state of Georgia. The poverty rate in Clayton County was 21.5 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffery + Benoit + Clayton + County + Public + Schools + Georgia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Election Results, accessed July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- United States Census Bureau, "Clayton County, Georgia," accessed May 14, 2014
- Georgia Department of Education, "Enrollment by Ethnicity/Race , Gender and Grade Level (PK-12)," accessed July 2, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Current and Past Election Results," accessed July 1, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Clayton County Public Schools Elections|
|Clayton County, Georgia|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 1: • Incumbent, Pamela Adamson • Angel McSwain |
District 9: • Charlton L. Bivins
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|