|Board member, Clayton County Board of Education, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Years of service||32|
Jeffery Benoit ran against incumbent Alieka Anderson in the Democratic primary election on May 20, 2014.
|Clayton County Public Schools, District 8, 4-year term, May 20, 2014|
|Democratic||Alieka Anderson Incumbent||66.5%||387|
|Source: Clayton County Board of Elections, "Unofficial and Incomplete Election Results," May 20, 2014 These results are unofficial.|
Benoit ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 76. Benoit and Kim Owens were defeated by incumbent Sandra Scott in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives District 76 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Sandra Scott Incumbent||57.1%||3,724|
|Kim Cox Owens||25.9%||1,691|
About the district
- See also: Clayton County Public Schools, Georgia
Clayton County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Georgia in terms of higher education achievement and median household income in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.5 percent of Clayton County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 27.8 percent for Georgia as a whole. The median household income in Clayton County was $42,569 compared to $49,604 for the state of Georgia. The poverty rate in Clayton County was 21.5 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
|Racial Demographics, 2012|
|Race||Clayton County (%)||Georgia (%)|
|Black or African American||67.0||31.2|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.6||0.5|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||2.1||1.8|
|Hispanic or Latino||13.4||9.2|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffery + Benoit + Clayton + County + Public + Schools + Georgia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Election Results, accessed July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- United States Census Bureau, "Clayton County, Georgia," accessed May 14, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed May 14, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Clayton County Public Schools Elections|
|Clayton County, Georgia|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 1: • Incumbent, Pamela Adamson • Angel McSwain |
District 9: • Charlton L. Bivins
|Important information:||Key deadlines|