Jeffrey C. Vogel
|Jeffrey C. Vogel|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wyoming Department of Audit Director|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 26, 2012|
|Appointed by||Gov. Matt Mead, Secretary of State Max Maxfield and State Treasurer Joe Meyer|
Prior to his appointment as director, Vogel served as the head of the Division of Banking in the Department of Audit.
Vogel has an accounting degree from the University of Wyoming.
Director of the Department of Audit (2012-Present)
Vogel has served as the Director of the Department of Audit since his appointment in 2012.
Wyoming's population in 2014 was 584,153 according to the United States Census Bureau. This estimate represented a 3.6 percent change from the bureau's 2010 estimate. The state's population per square mile was 5.8 in 2010, trailing the national average of 87.4. Wyoming experienced a 2.8 percent increase in total employment from 2011 to 2012 based on census data, exceeding a 2.2 percent increase at the national level during the same period.
Wyoming fell below the national average for residents who attained at least bachelor's degrees based on census data from 2009 to 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 24.7 percent of Wyoming residents aged 25 years and older attained bachelor's degrees compared to 28.8 percent at the national level. The median household income in Wyoming was $57,406 between 2009 and 2013 compared to a $53,046 national median income. Census information showed a 10.9 percent poverty rate in Wyoming during the study period compared to a 14.5 percent national poverty rate.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Vogel + Wyoming + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming Department of Audit, "Welcome to the Department of Audit," accessed June 15, 2012
- Governor of Wyoming," Press release: Jeff Vogel named new Director of Department of Audit," January 26, 2012
- United States Census Bureau, "QuickFacts Beta," accessed April 3, 2015
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "Wyoming Election Results," accessed April 3, 2015
- The American Presidency Project, "Presidential Elections Data," accessed April 3, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|Wyoming Department of Audit Director
| Succeeded by|