|North Carolina House of Representatives District 94|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
He formerly served as North Wilkesboro Town Commissioner.
Elmore's professional experience includes working as an art teacher at North Wilkes Middle School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Elmore served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Public Utilities|
|• State Personnel|
- Excerpt: "He is interested in promoting the state’s business climate through lower taxes and deregulation."
- Excerpt: "Elmore opposes Medicaid expansion, saying it would duplicate existing services with more inefficiency."
- Excerpt: "Elmore is opposed to continuing subsidies for green energy. Technology has to stand on its own without support,” Elmore said. He told how people invest in green devices and abandon them as soon as the subsidies run out. Technology is not to the point that [alternative energy] is feasible, and the utilities only pass on the cost to consumers."
- Excerpt: "Elmore said issues with abolishing teacher tenure would have to sort themselves out."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jeffrey Elmore defeated Gary Blevins in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 94 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jeffrey Elmore Incumbent||70.1%||4,616|
Elmore ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 94. He defeated John J. Goudreau and John Reavill in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 94 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John J. Goudreau||18.8%||2,103|
Comprehensive donor information for Elmore is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Elmore raised a total of $24,450 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 3, 2013.
|Jeffrey Elmore's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 94||$14,595|
|2010||North Carolina State Senate, District 45||$9,855|
|Grand Total Raised||$24,450|
2012Elmore won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Elmore raised a total of $14,595.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Elmore's campaign in 2012|
|Piedmont Triad Anesthesia||$1,000|
|Elmore Jr, David Martin||$1,000|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$1,000|
|North Carolina Telephone Cooperative Coalition||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,595|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Elmore + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Carolina Journal, "Incumbent Elmore Faces Wilkes Commissioner Blevins in House 94," accessed April 21, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Elmore, Jeffrey Carter," accessed September 3, 2013
Shirley Randleman (R)
|North Carolina House - District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |