|Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission|
|February 2009 - Present|
|Years in position||5|
|Chairman, Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission|
|2009 – 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 3, 2009|
|Appointed by||Gov. Chris Gregoire|
|Deputy Attorney General of Washington|
|Bachelor's||Macalester College (1971)|
|J.D.||University of Oregon School of Law (1974)|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
An attorney by trade, Goltz practiced law for 34 years before he was named to the WUTC. Thirty of these years were in the Washington Attorney General's Office, under four different attorneys general. He served as Deputy Attorney General from 2001 to 2009. Before that he headed the AGO’s Utilities and Transportation Division for 11 years, was head of the Ecology Division, and an assistant attorney general both in the Ecology and Revenue Divisions.
- JD, University of Oregon, 1974
- BA, Macalester College, 1971
Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (2009-present)
Goltz has served as a member of the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission since 2009 and served as chairman from February 2009 to February 2013.
Deputy Attorney General of Washington (2001-2009)
Goltz was one of four supervising deputy attorneys general from 2001 to 2009.
Goltz was named as chair of the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission by Gov. Chris Gregoire on February 3, 2009. She stated, “I have no doubt that Jeff has the leadership and strong ethical background that is required to successfully manage this dynamic and complex agency. Jeff brings an incredible passion for public service and constructive approach to any challenge. I look forward to working with him in this important role.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Goltz + Washington"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
- About the commissioners
- Goltz' biography
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, "Who We Are," accessed December 28, 2012
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, "Jeffrey Goltz, Commissioner," accessed March 11, 2013
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, "Gov. Gregoire announces new UTC chairman," February 3, 2009
|Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
2009 - present
| Succeeded by|