|New York Senate District 34|
|2005 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Majority Co-Leader, New York State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly|
|J.D.||City University of New York Law School|
|Birthday||July 10, 1960|
|Place of birth||Bronx, NY|
Klein was a member of the New York State Committee from 1988 to 1990. He then served in the New York State Assembly from 1994 to 2004. He was Senate Deputy Minority Leader from 2007 to 2008. He has also served as Democratic District Leader and Deputy Majority Leader for Legislative Operations.
Klein earned his B.A. from Queens College in 1983, his MPA from the School of International and Public Affairs from Columbia University in 1985, and his J.D. from the City University of New York Law School in 1993.
His professional experience includes working in lead paint litigation for Trolman & Glaser Firm, serving as Chief of Staff/Executive Assistant for Congressman James Scheuer from 1985 to 1988 and working as District Administrator from 1988 to 1992. He is currently a Partner in Klein, Calderoni & Santucci, Limited Liability Partnership.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Klein did not serve on a committee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klein served on these committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, Chair|
|• Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation|
|• Local Government|
|• Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities|
|• Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Klein served on these committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Investigations and Government Operations|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Klein ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 34. He ran unopposed in the Democratic and Republican primaries on September 13, 2012, as well as on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Klein defeated Elizabeth Perri (C) and Carl Lundgren (G) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jeffrey Klein Incumbent||93.8%||80,421|
Klein ran in the 2010 election for New York State Senate District 34. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary. He defeated Frank Vernuccio (R) in the general election. He ran as a member of the Democratic, Independence, and Working Families party.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 34 (2010)|
|Jeffrey Klein (D)||35,880|
|Frank Vernuccio (R)||17,721|
On November 4, 2008 Jeffrey Klein won the election for New York State Senate, District 34 with 61,862 votes.
Klein raised $1,811,483 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Jeffrey Klein (D)||61,862|
|Daniel Fasolino (R)||22,622|
Comprehensive donor information for Jeffrey Klein is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Jeffrey Klein raised a total of $9,441,388 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Jeffrey Klein's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Senate, District 34||$1,297,364|
|2010||New York State Senate, District 34||$1,885,697|
|2008||New York State Senate, District 34||$1,811,483|
|2006||New York State Senate, District 34||$1,072,743|
|2004||New York State Senate, District 34||$2,514,387|
|2002||New York State Assembly, District 80||$540,364|
|2000||New York State Assembly, District 80||$200,675|
|1998||New York State Assembly, District 80||$118,675|
|Grand Total Raised||$9,441,388|
2012Jeffrey Klein won re-election to the New York State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jeffrey Klein raised a total of $1,297,364.
|New York State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Klein's campaign in 2012|
|Manhattan Beer Distributors||$16,500|
|Bronx Realty Advisory Board||$13,300|
|Bay Park Center for Nursing & Rehab||$12,500|
|New York State Association of Wholesale Marketers & Distributors||$12,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,297,364|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Listed below are the largest contributors to Klein's 2010 campaign.
|New York State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Klein's campaign in 2010|
|Manhattan Beer Distributors||$13,500|
|Brian Hill Realty Llc||$12,500|
|New York City District Council of Carpenters||$11,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,885,697|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Jeffrey Klein's 2008 campaign.
|Financial Service Centers of New York||$29,000|
|Amerigroup Community Care||$18,750|
|Blank Per State||$17,500|
|Bronx Realty Advisory Board||$12,000|
In 2012, Klein’s endorsements included the following:
Klein is divorced.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jeffrey + Klein + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lovett: Bill de Blasio's planned pre-K tax on wealthy gets support in Legislature - New York Daily News
- New York State corruption commission calls for transparency, tougher rules - Buffalo News
- New York state corruption commission calls for legislation - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Bill de Blasio meets with Democratic assembly members to push universal pre-K ... - Metro.us
- IDC head calls for investigation of Ed Cox - Capital New York
- Silver, Skelos and Klein join law firms' legal fight against Moreland - Capital New York
- Senator Klein files JCOPE, SEC complaint against state GOP's Ed Cox over ... - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Sources: Cuomo tax commission favors a 'circuit-breaker' - Capital New York
- Elected officials weigh in on Bronx Metro-North train derailment - Metro.us
- FIrst Read ? December 3, 2013 - City & State
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ↑ ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- ↑ New York Times NY state legislative election results
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on Jeffrey's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Klein, Jeffrey" Accessed September 20, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money "Klein's 2010 Campaign contributions
- ↑ New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
|New York State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|