|Virginia Senate District 8|
|2010 - Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||January 12, 2010|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky|
|Place of birth||Paducah, KY|
|Profession||Retired business owner|
McWaters received a B.A. in Accounting at the University of Kentucky. In the 1980s, McWaters worked for CIGNA and Earnst & Young. In 1994, he founded AMERIGROUP and served as CEO for until 2007.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, McWaters served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, McWaters served on the following committees:
McWaters' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "As your State Senator, he will apply the lessons he learned as CEO of a company that brought 1,700 jobs and $5 billion in revenue to the Virginia Beach area."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Jeff McWaters is a life-long sportsman and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment."
- Right to Life
- Excerpt: "Jeff McWaters believes in the words of the Declaration of Independence—that the right to life is "unalienable"—and that it ought to be legally protected from conception to grave."
- Excerpt: "Healthcare reform is the signature issue of Jeff McWater’s State Senate campaign. He has spent his professional career facilitating cost-effective changes that provide more people better coverage using fewer government dollars.
- Excerpt: "Jeff understands that a solution will require creative new thinking, the rejection of political blame games and a willingness to make tough choices. Nice-sounding platitudes will not get the job done. Jeff has developed a six-part plan to address our transportation failures with a special emphasis on the needs of Hampton Roads."
- Excerpt: "As a State Senator, Jeff will work hard to ensure that Virginia’s education system is second-to-none. In fact, with a mom, wife and daughter who have all served as teachers, it’s fair to say that the importance of this issue is in his blood.
- Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "Jeff believes that small government and low taxes leave room for a robust private sector."
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia Senate, District 8 (2010)|
|Jeffrey McWaters (R)||8,052||78.58%|
|Bill Fleming (D)||2,185||21.32%|
In 2011, McWaters received $443,748 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey McWaters's campaign in 2011|
|Double Nickel Properties LLC||$50,000|
|The Pond LLC||$49,500|
|McWaters, Mr Jeffrey||$12,617|
|McWaters, Mr Jeffrey||$10,000|
|White Knight Investments LLC||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$443,748|
McWaters was born in Paducah, Kentucky. McWaters is a member of the Trinity Church in Virginia Beach, where he serves as an elder.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + McWaters + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jeff McWaters' personal website
- Biography from the Virginia State Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jeff McWaters on Facebook
- Jeff McWaters on Twitter
- McWaters For Senate's YouTube Channel
|Virginia Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|