Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine House of Representatives, District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Pierce currently works as an independent construction contractor, having previously focused on historical restoration work.
Pierce's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe that there are existing programs that Maine can look at as examples to help business and the people of Maine. We do not need to re-invent the wheel we only need to provide the best opportunities available and by doing so we can draw more businesses to Maine and create more jobs for our people."
- Excerpt: "Whether it be the developement of natural gas pipelines or LNG terminals, Maine needs more options than it now has for our families. The people and businesses of Maine cannot keep depending on oil based energy as a primary source."
- Excerpt: "I intend to provide the leadership that is needed for Maine to grow. Regulations set by legislature are for growing the economy in maine not for restricting good people and business from doing good things."
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 65 incumbent Peter Kent was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jeffrey Pierce was unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Pierce ran in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 19. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Seth Goodall (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Seth Goodall Incumbent||63.8%||13,445|
Pierce and his wife, Ann, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Pierce + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 53
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jeffrey Pierce on Facebook
- Jeffrey Pierce on YouTube
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- "piercesentate," Official Campaign Website
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012