|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Tenth Norfolk District|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Franklin Town Council|
|J.D.||Boston College Law School|
|Profession||Personal injury lawyer|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Roy served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Global Warming and Climate Change|
|• Education Joint|
|• Judiciary Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jeffrey Roy was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unopposed in the general election.
Roy won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Tenth Norfolk District. He defeated Peter Padula in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Richard Eustis (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Tenth Norfolk District, General Election, 2012|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Tenth Norfolk District Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Roy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Roy raised a total of $54,386 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Jeffrey Roy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Tenth Norfolk||$54,386|
|Grand Total Raised||$54,386|
2012Roy won election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Roy raised a total of $54,386.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Roy's campaign in 2012|
|Roy, Jeffrey N.||$35,457|
|Massachusetts Federation of Teachers||$500|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,386|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
In 2012, Roy's endorsements included the following:
- Congressman Jim McGovern
Roy and his wife, Maureen, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffery + Roy + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jeffrey Roy on Twitter
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Roy, Jeffrey N," accessed December 20, 2013
- Jeffreroy.com, "Congressman McGovern endorses Roy," accessed August 17, 2012
- Jeffreyroy.com, "Biography," accessed August 17, 2012
James Vallee (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Norfolk 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |