Jeffrey Thompson, Indiana Representative
|Indiana House of Representatives|
|1998 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 3, 1998|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Purdue University, 1978|
Thompson's professional experience includes working as a Chemistry, Physics and Math Teacher at Danville Community High School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Thompson served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Elections and Apportionment|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Thompson served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Select Committee on Government Reduction|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Thompson served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Sean Shanley is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Jeffrey A. Thompson is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Thompson won re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 28. Thompson ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Jim Rainwater (L) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeffrey Thompson Incumbent||85.5%||22,405|
Thompson defeated Libertarian candidate Jim Rainwater and Independent candidate Danny Shipley with 15,629 votes. Rainwater received 2,605 votes and Shipley received 5 votes in the November 2 general election.
In the May 4 primary election, Thompson ran unopposed and received 8,786 votes. 
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 28 General Election (2010)|
|Jeffrey Thompson (R)||15,629|
|Jim Rainwater (L)||2,605|
|Danny Shipley (Ind)||5|
Thompson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 4th.
On November 4, 2008, Republican Jeffrey Thompson won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives District 28 receiving 20,732 votes, ahead of Democrat Jason M. Ellis (7,543 votes), Libertarian Wade Mitchell (1,355 votes), and Independent Danny Shipley (0 votes).
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 28 (2008)|
|Jeffrey Thompson (R)||20,732a|
|Jason M. Ellis (D)||7,543|
|Danny Shipley (I)||0|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 28 (2006)|
|Jeffrey Thompson (R)||12,312|
Comprehensive donor information for Thompson is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Thompson raised a total of $154,450 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 9, 2013.
|Jeffrey Thompson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 28||$30,090|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 28||$22,081|
|2008||Indiana State House, District 28||$20,867|
|2006||Indiana State House, District 28||$17,050|
|2004||Indiana State House, District 28||$18,113|
|2002||Indiana State House, District 28||$13,406|
|2000||Indiana State House, District 28||$15,880|
|1998||Indiana State House, District 28||$16,963|
|Grand Total Raised||$154,450|
2012Thompson won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Thompson raised a total of $30,090.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Thompson, Indiana Representative's campaign in 2012|
|Indiana Cable Telecommunications Association||$1,500|
|Indiana Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$30,090|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Thompson collected $22,081 in donations. The top contributors are as follows:
|Indiana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Thompson, Indiana Representative's campaign in 2010|
|Indiana Statewide Association Of Rural Electric Cooperatives||$1,000|
|Hoosiers For Economic Growth||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,081|
In 2008, Thompson collected $20,867 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Indiana Builders Association||$1,500|
|Build Indiana Council||$1,000|
|Indiana Beverage Alliance||$1,000|
In 2006, Thompson collected $17,050 in donations.
Listed below are the top 5 contributors to his campaign.
|Indiana Health Care Association||$1,000|
|Insurance Institute of Indiana||$1,000|
|Build Indiana Council||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jeffrey + Thompson + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Is Indiana's GOP legislature striking right balance? - Indianapolis Star
- Indiana Catholic Conference's Legislative Priorities Make It To Half-way Point - The Message Online
- Abortion Legislation Moves To Clarify Current Law, Improve Accountability And ... - The Message Online
- Business Insider: Local option income tax bill has a future - Indianapolis Star
- Group Spent $1.5M on Plan for an Ohio/Indiana Drone Center - Government Technology
- New trend in Ind. lawmaking focuses on permanency - Evansville Courier & Press
- How members of Indiana House Elections Committee voted on an amendment ... - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Democrats focus on killing second sentence in same-sex amendment - The Courier-Journal
- State Legislative Tracker: Indiana considers same-sex marriage ban - Ballot News
- Indiana House of Representatives - Rep. Jeffrey Thompson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Watchdog Indiana Candidate Ratings
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2008 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2006 Official election results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Thompson, Jeffrey A," accessed September 9, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign donations," accessed March 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign donations," accessed March 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign donations," accessed March 6, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Political Summary," accessed March 6, 2014
|Indiana House of Representatives District 28
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |