|Wisconsin State Assembly District 67|
|2003 – 2010|
Wood served in the United Sates Navy/United States Naval Reserve from 1986-1994, and has worked as a local government reporter and small business owner.
Wood did not be seek re-election to District 67 in 2010.
Wood received a disciplinary hearing before the Assembly ethics panel on March 3, 2010. He had been arrested 3 times since December 2008 for driving under the influence of alcohol or prescription drugs. Wood has said that he wouldn't run for another term in fall 2010. At the hearing, Ward admitted to being guilty of drunken driving, but not of the charges of driving under the influence of drugs. Wood's attorney argued that House members did not have the authority to force Wood out of office. Wood reached a plea deal which had him pleading guilty to third-offense drunken-driving charges, in exchange for dropping the drug-related charges.
Ethics committee deadlocks
On March 23, the ethics committee did not offer any recommendation for Wood. Committee members deadlocked, with all three Democrats voting to support the resolution to reprimand Wood, and all three Republicans backing expulsion.
On April 19, Wood was sentenced to 45 days in jail and fined over $1,600. His plea deal was accepted and he began his jail time immediately. Additionally, his driver's license was revoked for four years and three months, and for two years afterward he would have to have a breathalyzer ignition lock in his car..
Wood was sentenced to 60 days in jail on October 13, 2010, for fourth offense drunk driving in Marathon County. In addition to jail time, Wood was placed on two year's probation and was fined $1,500.
On December 2, 2010, Wood pleaded not guilty to a felony count of driving under the influence. Wood faced trial for his fifth offense in Monroe County.ref>Wisconsin Department of Transportation "Drunk Driving Penalties"</ref>. A fifth offense for drunken driving is treated as a felony in Wisconsin.
Representative Wood serves on the following committees for the 2008-2009 session:
- Renewable Energy and Rural Affairs Committee
- Rural Economic Development Committee
- Ways and Means Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Wood did not seek re-election in 2010.
Legislation sponsored in 2009 included:
- AB-136 Trespassing liability exemption under set conditions for assessor and staff making an assessment; certain civil liability immunity for owner and notice provisions; municipal assessor must publish a notice prior to revaluation of property
The top 5 donors to Wood's 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Jeffrey Wood
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Wood's Freedom Speaks profile
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Wood
- Weau.com, "UPDATE: Dashcam video expected next week in Wood's arrest," October 23, 2009
- WTAQ, "Wood Expulsion Hearing Delayed Until March 3rd," February 16, 2010
- Journal Sentinel, "Wood admits to drunken driving while fighting to stay in the Assembly," March 3, 2010
- Wis Politics, "Quorum Call: Committee splits on resolutions to expel, reprimand Wood," March 24, 2010
- Wisconsin Radio Network, "Jail Time for Jeff Wood," April 19, 2010
- WSAW "State Rep. Jeff Wood Sentenced for 2009 OWI Charge", October 13, 2010
- WSAW "Jeff Wood Heads to Trial in Monroe County", December 3, 2010
- WQOW, "State Rep. Jeff Wood released from jail," May 28, 2010
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 67
| Succeeded by|
Tom Larson (R)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |