|Virginia House of Delegates District 92|
|2004 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Warwick High School, 1972|
|Bachelor's||Christopher Newport University, 1995|
|Place of birth||Newport News, VA|
Ward earned her B.A. from Christopher Newport University in 1995. She served as President of the Hampton Federation of Teachers, and is a middle school teacher at Hampton City Schools.
In the 2012-2013 session, Ward served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Ward served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- General Laws
- Professions/Occupations and Administrative Process Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2
- HB 2481 Machine guns; requires any registrant to notify Superintendent of State Police of change of address.
- HB 2486 Emergency custody; authority of law-enforcement officer.
- HB 2500 'A Place of My Own' Program; Department of Social Services to develop.
Ward's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides a candidate's overview of the issues. Ward did not answer the question asking her top priorities.
Delegate Ward speaking on women's health
Ward won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 92. Ward ran unopposed in the June 11 Democratic Primary. She was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Ward was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 92 (2009)|
|Jeion Ward (D)||11,443|
In 2011, Ward received $90,247 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeion Ward's campaign in 2011|
|J Ward For Delegate||$9,990|
|Virginia Democratic Party||$6,337|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$90,247|
Listed below are the top five donors to Ward's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,831|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$3,500|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$2,500|
Ward and her husband, James, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeion + Ward + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Jeion Ward official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ward
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Ward
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Ward Issue Positions
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 92
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |