|Board Member, Worthington Schools, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Franklin County, Ohio|
Best is a lifelong resident of the Worthington School District, where she has been on a board member for 12 years. Her two children are both graduates of Worthington Schools. She is a self-employed CPA and an active volunteer.
- See also: Worthington Schools elections (2013)
|Worthington Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Jennifer Best Incumbent||28.3%||5,754|
|Nonpartisan||Marc Schare Incumbent||24.2%||4,913|
|Nonpartisan||David Bressman Incumbent||23.4%||4,761|
|Source: Franklin County Board of Elections, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Franklin County, Ohio," accessed December 16, 2013|
Jennifer Best and Marc Schare announced to the Worthington Education Association that they would not seek or accept endorsements from local teachers unions, believing it to be a conflict of interest.
What was at stake?
About the district
- See also: Worthington Schools, Ohio
In terms of graduation rate and average household income, Franklin County overperformed in these areas. The graduation rate was 89.3% compared to 87.8% statewide. The average household income was $50,045 compared to $48,071 in the entire state. Franklin County underperformed in terms of poverty rate with 17.4%, while the poverty rate for Ohio was 14.8%.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Franklin County (%)||Ohio (%)|
|Hispanic or Latino||5.0||3.3|
|Two or More Races||2.9||2.0|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Best + Worthington + Schools + Ohio"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Facebook, "The BEST Choice for School Board," accessed October 24, 2013
- Candy Brooks, Worthington News, "Best, Schare shy away from endorsement," published October 5, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 23, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Franklin County," accessed October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014