|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 93|
Garrison is a former member of the Ohio House of Representatives. She represented the 93rd Congressional District from 2005 to 2011. She was commissioner of the Marietta Civil Service Board from 1997-2004.
Garrison's professional experience includes manager to the Washington County Visitation Mediation Project; private law practice; partner in McCauley, Webster and Emrick; associate attorney; judicial clerkship; legislative assistant for Ohio Department of Transportation and Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Bachelor's degree, Xavier University (1984) in economics and business administration
- Juris Doctorate degree, Catholic University Law School
- Board Member, Washington County Mental Health and Alcohol Addiction Board (1991-1993)
- President, Washington County Ohio Bar Association (1996-1997)
- Board Member, EVE (1996-1999)
Prior to leaving the Ohio House of Representatives, Garrison served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Elections and Ethics Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Finance and Appropriations Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Primary and Secondary Education
- Legislative Ethics Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Legislative Service Commission Committee, Ohio house
- Public Utilities Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
Garrison ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 6th District. Garrison won the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014, but lost to Rep. Bill Johnson (R) in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Ohio District 6 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Bill Johnson Incumbent||58.2%||111,026|
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State|
|U.S. House, Ohio District 6 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State, Official Election Results|
Garrison did not run for re-election to the Ohio House of Representatives.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 93|
|Jennifer Garrison (D)||34,007|
|Wayne Smith (R)||15,731|
|Jennifer Garrison (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 13, 2013||$0.00||$155,210.78||$(55,035.13)||$100,175.65|
|Year-End Quarterly||December 31, 2013||$100,175.00||$102,031.00||$(67,909.00)||$134,298.00|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2014||$134,298.26||$199,683.83||$(95,834.90)||$238,147.19|
In 2008, Garrison collected $335,747 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|OHIO DEMOCRATIC PARTY||$31,854|
|UNITED ASSOCIATION OF JOURNEYMEN & APPRENTICES OF THE PLUMBING & PIPE FITTING INDUSTRY||$20,000|
|STEELWORKERS DISTRICT 1||$18,500|
|INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS||$15,100|
|PLUMBERS & PIPEFITTERS LOCAL 392||$15,000|
|PLUMBERS & PIPEFITTERS LOCAL 495||$15,000|
Garrison currently resides in Marietta, Ohio, with her husband, Russ, and their three children - Emily, Sam and Max. She is a practicing member of the Christ United Methodist Church in Marietta.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Garrison + Ohio + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Ohio's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Ohio's 6th Congressional District
- Representative Garrison's campaign
- Ohio House of Representatives - Rep. Garrison
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Representative Garrison's State Surge sponsored bills (timed out)
- Representative Garrison's facebook
- Representative Garrison's twitter
- The Washington Post, "DCCC adds nine names to program for top recruits," accessed September 9, 2013
- Politico, "2014 Ohio House Election Results," accessed November 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Garrison," accessed May 3, 2010
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Republican State Representative: Results for Primary: March 4, 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Democratic State Representative: Results for Primary: March 4, 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Representative: Results for general election on November 4, 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Jennifer Garrison Summary Report," accessed May 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Jennifer Garrison October Quarterly," accessed October 30, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Jennifer Garrison Year-End Quarterly," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Jennifer Garrison April Quarterly," accessed May 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Campaign contributions for 2008," accessed June 11, 2014
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 93
| Succeeded by|
Andrew Thompson (R)