|U.S. House, Ohio, District 6|
|Ohio House Of Representatives District 93|
Garrison's professional experience includes manager to the Washington County Visitation Mediation Project; private law practice; partner in McCauley, Webster and Emrick; associate attorney; judicial clerkship; legislative assistant for Ohio Department of Transportation and Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Bachelor's degree, Xavier University (1984) in economics and business administration
- Juris Doctorate degree, Catholic University Law School
- Board Member, Washington County Mental Health and Alcohol Addiction Board (1991-1993)
- President, Washington County Ohio Bar Association (1996-1997)
- Board Member, EVE (1996-1999)
Garrison currently resides in Marietta, Ohio, with her husband, Russ, and their three children - Emily, Sam, and Max. She is a practicing member of the Christ United Methodist Church in Marietta.
Prior to leaving the Ohio House of Representatives, Garrison served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Elections and Ethics Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Finance and Appropriations Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Primary and Secondary Education
- Legislative Ethics Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Legislative Service Commission Committee, Ohio house
- Public Utilities Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
Garrison is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 6th District. Garrison is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Garrison did not run for re-election to the Ohio House of Representatives.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 93|
|Jennifer Garrison (D)||34,007|
|Wayne Smith (R)||15,731|
|Jennifer Garrison (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 13, 2013||$0.00||$155,210.78||$(55,035.13)||$100,175.65|
|Year-End Quarterly||December 31, 2013||$100,175.00||$102,031.00||$(67,909.00)||$134,298.00|
In 2008, Garrison collected $335,747 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|OHIO DEMOCRATIC PARTY||$31,854|
|UNITED ASSOCIATION OF JOURNEYMEN & APPRENTICES OF THE PLUMBING & PIPE FITTING INDUSTRY||$20,000|
|STEELWORKERS DISTRICT 1||$18,500|
|INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS||$15,100|
|PLUMBERS & PIPEFITTERS LOCAL 392||$15,000|
|PLUMBERS & PIPEFITTERS LOCAL 495||$15,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Garrison + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Ohio's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Ohio's 6th Congressional District
- Representative Garrison's campaign
- Ohio House of Representatives - Rep. Garrison
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Representative Garrison's State Surge sponsored bills
- Representative Garrison's facebook
- Representative Garrison's twitter
- The Washington Post, "DCCC adds nine names to program for top recruits," September 9, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Garrison
- Ohio House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Federal Election Commission "Jennifer Garrison October Quarterly," accessed October 30, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Jennifer Garrison Year-End Quarterly," accessed February 7, 2014
- 2008 contributions
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 93
| Succeeded by|
Andrew Thompson (R)