|Virginia State Senate, District 33|
|January 24, 2014-Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||January 21, 2014|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland|
|J.D.||The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law|
|Birthday||May 27, 1968|
|Place of birth||Washington, D.C.|
Wexton obtained her B.A. at the University of Maryland and her J.D. at the College of William and Mary and Marshall-Wythe School of Law. She is an attorney.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Wexton served on the following committees:
|Virginia Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• General Laws and Technology|
|• Privileges and Elections|
|• Rehabilitation and Social Services|
|Virginia State Senate, District 33, Special Election, 2014|
|Independent||Joe T. May||9.8%||2,117|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce: 2014 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their support of pro-business issues during the 2014 legislative session.
- Virginia League of Conservation Voters: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environmental and conservation issues.
- Northern Virginia Chamber Partners: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on business and quality of life issues.
- Virginia Manufactures Association: 2014 Legislative Wrap Up
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that VMA introduced or was part of an coalition that introduced it.
Jennifer is married to Andrew L. Wexton.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Wexton + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia State Senate
- Virginia Senate Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- Virginia General Assembly, "Senator Jennifer T. Wexton," accessed February 20, 2014
- sbe.virginia.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed December 31, 2013
- Washington Post, "Democrats win state Senate seat in Northern Virginia — and perhaps control of the chamber," January 21, 2014
- Virginia Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 30, 2014
- nbc29.com, "VA Senate Special Election Set Jan. 21," December 20, 2013
Mark Herring (D)
|Virginia Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|