|Former candidate for|
|Iowa State Senate, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Davis' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
A Strong Economy
- Excerpt: "Jeremy believes that Iowa needs to support efforts that strengthen the economy and provide more job opportunities for Iowans. This is achieved by leaders who understand that real economic prosperity comes from hard work and innovation—not from government mandates. From research and development, along with technology transfer efforts at our flagship universities to the entrepreneurial spirit that makes our Country great, economic growth can occur in many facets."
A Strong Education
- Excerpt: " Iowa must also provide increased access to educational opportunities for our youth—including enhanced access to community college coursework to allow students to meet their academic goals. Jeremy also supports initiatives that allow individual school districts to make decisions that impact them locally—at the local level."
A Strong Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "He will work to support agriculture interests through protecting farmers from burdensome and excessive regulations while promoting a culture of conservation and stewardship in communities and on farms. We need to continue to encourage farmers to utilize science along with innovative technologies and techniques—not government regulations—to reduce environmental impact."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Herman C. Quirmbach defeated Cynthia Oppedal Paschen in the Democratic primary, while Jeremy Davis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Quirmbach faced Davis in the general election. Incumbent Quirmbach defeated challenger Davis in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 23 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Herman Quirmbach Incumbent||59%||11,713|
|Iowa State Senate, District 23 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Herman Quirmbach Incumbent||72.7%||1,593|
|Cynthia Oppedal Paschen||27.3%||598|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeremy + Davis + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jeremy Davis on Facebook
- Jeremy Davis on Twitter
- jeremyndavis.com, "Jeremy's Vision," accessed September 24, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014