|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 65|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Majority Whip, Tennessee House of Representatives|
|2014 - present|
|Assistant Majority Leader, Tennessee House of Representatives|
|2012 - 2014|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
|J.D.||University of Memphis Law School|
Durham received a B.A. from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville in 2006. He later received a J.D. from the University of Memphis Law School in 2008. Durham is a practicing attorney focused on small businesses.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Durham served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Banking|
|• Local Government|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Brian Johnson was defeated by William Peach in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jeremy Durham was unopposed in the Republican primary. Durham defeated Peach in the general election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 65, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeremy Durham Incumbent||73.4%||12,089|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 65 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Durham ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 65. Durham defeated Dennis Kiser and Kenny Young in the August 2 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 65 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Durham is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Durham raised a total of $171,734 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 2, 2013.
|Jeremy Durham's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 65||$171,734|
|Grand Total Raised||$171,734|
2012Durham won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Durham raised a total of $171,734.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeremy Durham's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Federation For Children PAC||$7,200|
|Red State PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$171,734|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Durham and his wife, Jessica, currently reside in Franklin, TN.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeremy + Durham + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Issue positions website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Durham, Jeremy," accessed July 2, 2013
- Votejeremydurham, "Meet Jeremey," accessed July 28, 2012
Eddie Bass (D)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |
Tennessee Supreme Court | Court of Appeals | Court of Criminal Appeals | Chancery Courts | Circuit Courts | General Sessions Courts | Probate Courts | Criminal Courts | Juvenile Courts | Judicial selection in Tennessee |