|Vermont State Senate Washington District|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin - Madison|
|Master's||University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee|
|Ph.D.||University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee|
|Birthday||August 18, 1977|
|Place of birth||Manitowoc, WI|
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Hansen ran on a platform of using online technology to ask every citizen in his district their view on a particular vote, a system similarly proposed by Florida independent candidate Philip Dodds. Hansen also became the first political candidate to accept Bitcoin, a computer currency that is traded within peer-to-peer networks. He received approval from the Secretary of State's office and the state Attorney General to convert Bitcoin into dollars. "Is it an alternative? Yes. Is it a perfect alternative? No. It is something that deserves a little bit of thought in looking at? Yes, for sure," Hansen said.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeremy + Hansen + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Hansen and his wife Cara have two children and live in Berlin, VT.
- Jeremy Hansen's campaign site
- Campaign Facebook page
- Vermont Senate Hopeful Jeremy Hansen Responds on (Mostly) Direct Democracy
- Norwich Professor To Run For State Senate as Independent