|Jeremy J. Ly|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 75|
|High school||Minooka Community High School (2003)|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State (2006)|
Ly's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "While the economy is slowly improving, there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done bringing work to our community. As a state legislator, I will fight for our local economy and job creation. We need to invest in our roads, bridges and schools if we want to remain competitive in the region and world."
- Excerpt: "As a former classroom teacher, I will bring a unique voice to the table to advocate for quality public education for all students. It is time we add a teacher’s perspective to the debates in Springfield."
- A government living within its means
- Excerpt: "The State needs to be accountable for its budget and needs results based budgeting. I believe programs that show a return on investment should be rewarded, and programs that are wasteful need to be ended."
- A legislator who listens
- Excerpt: "A legislator should listen to you and respect your opinions and beliefs. As a County Board member, I have held office hours to hear from my constituents and if elected to the State Legislature, I will continue to have an open-door policy when it comes to meeting with constituents."
Ly ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 75. Ly was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Pam Roth (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pam Roth Incumbent||62.6%||27,713|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeremy + Ly + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Innovation Alliance revamps website ahead of patent fight ? Dems huddle on ... - Politico
- Political Eye: Heck targeted on immigration reform - Las Vegas Review-Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Jeremy Ly, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |