|U.S. House, Texas, District 16|
Tilghman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "By relative size, we live in nearly the second poorest city in the country. We can improve our families’ health by improving our families’ wealth. We will focus on better educating our families; that includes financial literacy. If we can make them more financially healthy, we can make them more physically healthy."
- Excerpt: "Education is our community’s salvation. There is a clear connection between quality education and economic expansion. The Dept of Education gives between six and eight percent to state education. With such a small contribution, should we consider reducing their footprint locally?"
- Excerpt: "We must restore faith, confidence and financial management within the Congress. The national debt is $15T; Congress’ approval rating is seven percent in the category of trust; nine in effectiveness. We suffer from ‘legislative constipation.’ Nothing of real substance can pass."
- Excerpt: "Bridge fees and commute times are only a symptom of a larger problem. The unresolved drug war means anything out of Mexico is going to get extra scrutiny. It shows at the bridges. The O’Rourke solution: legalize banned substances in this community; Mr. Reyes downplays the 42,000 dead and only counts murders on this side of the border."
- Excerpt: "Bring back the religious values of “I am my brother’s keeper. Our country is in crisis because our congress is in crisis. Families – the basic social unit – are in turmoil, too. In times of crisis, learn to turn to each other rather than on each other. "
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jerome + Tilghman + Texas + Congress
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas' 16th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Texas' 16th Congressional District
- United States House of Representatives
Tilghman and his wife, Carolyn, have two sons.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jerome Tilghman for Congress on Facebook
- Twitter feed
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |