For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Jerry Amante recall, Tustin, California (2011)
Amante will be termed out of office in November 2012.
Charles Horvath was a leader in the recall effort, and is the person who served Amante with the legally-required notice of intent to recall at a city council meeting in April.
The reasons given by Horvath for pursuing the recall effort were:
- Amante's behavior toward other council members
- The tripling of Tustin's legal fees from 2005 to 2010
- The firing of former City Manager David Biggs
- The lawsuit filed against Tustin Unified School District
- Amante's appeal of a Planning Commission decision regarding Old Town Tustin homes
- Letters from Amante regarding organizations like the American Legion and Tustin Area Council of Fine Arts.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in California
Recall organizers would have needed to collect the signatures of 20% of Tustin's registered voters by Tuesday, October 4th, in order to force a recall election. They would have needed 7,039 signatures. The Recall Amante Committee says they fell several hundred signatures short in their signature gathering efforts.
- Website of the City of Tustin
- Recall Amante, website supporting the recall effort
- Recall Amante on Facebook