Jerry G. McCune
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
McCune's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Keep our Ferries running and Funded."
- "Make sure Schools are funded and we are doing the best job we can to give our children the best education we can."
- "Protect Commercial Fishing, enhance Docks, a review of the Board of Fisheries , to see if any changes should be made to improve the process. We need research dollars to explore new fisheries."
- "Lower Energy cost and more green Power projects in the District"
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Jerry G. McCune was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Louise B. Stutes defeated Carol Austerman and Rich Walker in the Republican primary. Stutes defeated McCune in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Louise B. Stutes||55.4%||3,236|
|Democratic||Jerry G. McCune||44.6%||2,608|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 32 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, McCune's endorsements included the following:
- United Fishermen of Alaska
- Bob Honkola – Commercial Fishermen
- Curt Herschleb – Commercial Fishermen
- Sylivia and Greg Meyer – Business Owners
- Stephen Phillips – Business Owner
- Cordova District Fishermen United
- Bruce Schactler Kodiak Commercial Fishermen
- Kenai Peninsula Fishermen Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jerry + McCune + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 32
- Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alaska State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- jerrymccune.com, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed January 1, 2015
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 25, 2014
- jerrymccune.com, "Endorsements," accessed October 22, 2014