Jerry Lee Long
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 76|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Burns Union High School, Burns Oregon|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Birthday||November 22, 1960|
|Place of birth||Honolulu, HI|
Long's professional experience includes working as a Logistics Transporter. He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Long's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Public Sector Pensions
- Excerpt: "streamline and tighten operating efficiency of the program."
Illinois economy and jobs:
- Excerpt: "decrease government regulations to increase job opportunities, and decrease reliability on the taxpayers of Illinois."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Frank J. Mautino ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jerry Lee Long ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Mautino then defeated Long in the general election.
Long and his wife, Patricia, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jerry + Long + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website, "About Jerry," accessed March 3, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |