Jerry T. Miller
|Jerry T. Miller|
|Running for Kentucky House of Representatives, District 36|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Louisville City Council, District 19|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Louisville Metro Council, District 19|
|2010 - present|
|Place of birth||Louisville, Kentucky|
Miller's website highlights the following campaign themes:
In my 2010 race for Metro Council, I focused on Transparency, Accountability and Fiscal Responsibility. Those are desperately needed in Frankfort, as well as Louisville. We must take a fundamental look at what we try to do as a government – and how we do it. My experience has been that every bureaucracy resists reform. As Louisville native Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis famously wrote: “Sunshine is the best disinfectant”. That is nowhere more true than in state government. As a CPA, I learned how to look past the surface to find the truth. I intend to use those skills to shine a light on Kentucky’s finances.
Right to Work
Past union-controlled politicians in Kentucky passed a mislabeled law referred to as “Prevailing Wage”. The effect of these laws is to require that projects using public money – your tax dollars – to pay an inflated and fictitious union-based wage. The bottom-line is that every school construction or renovation, road project or government building costs about 15% more than it should.
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Debbie Barber was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jerry T. Miller was unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jerry + Miller + Louisville"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 36
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Jerry T. Miller on Facebook
- Jerry T. Miller on Twitter
- Profile from the City of Louisville
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed August 21, 2014
- Jerry T. Miller for State Representative, "Issues," accessed September 5, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- C-SPAN, "Primary Results - May 20th, 2014," accessed May 20, 2014
|Louisville City Council, District 19
| Succeeded by|