Jessica K. Unruh
|North Dakota State Senate District 33|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|November 31, 2018|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Appointed||November 28, 2012|
|Appointed by||Republican Activists|
|Bachelor's||North Dakota State University|
Unruh received her B.S. in Natural Resources Management and Economics from North Dakota State University. She has worked as an environmental specialist for Coteau Properties Company Freedom Mine.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Unruh served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Energy and Natural Resources, Vice Chairman|
|• Finance and Taxation|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Unruh served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Industry, Business and Labor|
|• Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of North Dakota State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Jessica K. Unruh was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- North Dakota Family Alliance: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that were great interest to the family.
- Greater North Dakota Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills impacting North Dakota's business community.
Unruh and her husband, KC, have two children. They currently reside in Beulah, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jessica + Unruh + North Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- wahpetondailynews.com, " Unruh chosen to succeed Christmann in ND Senate," November 28, 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 17, 2014
Randel Christmann (R)
|North Dakota State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|