|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-3|
|February 8, 2012 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||Governor Peter Shumlin|
|Bachelor's||University of Pittsburgh|
Krowinski's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Earned Sick Days
- Excerpt: "This bill would give workers the opportunity to earn one hour of paid sick time for every 30 hours worked. “No person should have to choose between being a responsible worker and a responsible family member. No mother should have to choose between her job and taking care of a sick child."
- Toxic-Free Families
- Excerpt: "More than 1 in 5 personal care products contain chemicals linked to cancer. Instead of banning bad chemicals one by one, it’s time to create a comprehensive and transparent system to identify and regulate the worst chemicals."
- Tobacco Restrictions
- Excerpt: "We passed a bill in the House that would restrict smoking tobacco outside state owned buildings, child care facilities and motels. It also prohibits smoking in a car when a child is in the back seat."
- Women’s Rights and Choice
- Excerpt: "I’ve fought for women’s rights my entire career. I am the Director of Vermont Public Affairs for Planned Parenthood Northern New England and serve on the Advisory Board for Vermont Access to Reproductive Freedom. As your State Representative, I’ll continue to fight for access to reproductive health care, safe places for battered women and victims of domestic violence, and equal pay for equal work."
- Healthcare for All
- Excerpt: "The growing cost and lack of accessibility to healthcare is a problem. As a patient and supporter of our community health center I know first-hand the critical role it plays in our community. I support single payer health care."
- Excerpt: "Ensuring students have access to quality education is critical to our community’s future. I want our high school students to have all the tools and opportunities they need to be successful–whether at college, tech school, or in a good job."
- Local Food & Urban Agriculture
- Excerpt: "Local food is good for you and good for our economy. Local food is a nutritious alternative to factory farming, and provides an economic benefit to our community. Burlington is so fortunate to have the Intervale and a number of community gardens. Buying local food helps support local jobs and reduces our carbon footprint. As your legislator, I’ll support our local food economy."
- Safe & Affordable Housing
- Excerpt: "I’ve lived all over our district – renting on Park Street, Maple Street, Peru Street, and Hyde Street. I now own my home on Spring Street, so I know firsthand how hard it is to find an affordable place to live in Burlington. No one should have to agonize about where they’re going to live, and I’ll work hard to make sure all of our neighbors have access to safe and affordable housing."
- Voter Rights
- Excerpt: "I believe voting is fundamental to our democracy, that’s why I started a nonprofit devoted to registering and getting young people to vote. We need to expand access to voting and oppose Republican proposals to restrict voting rights. These restrictions often target poor or minority voters unfairly. In order to ensure every Vermonter’s right to vote, I’ll push for…Same Day Voter Registration…Online registration”
- Corporations Are Not People
- Excerpt: "Corporations are not people. It’s that simple. Our power, as average citizens, to influence elections should not be undermined by the collective power of big corporations. Corporations should not be afforded the same First Amendment rights as people…Hardworking families are the heart of our community. I will be their voice in Montpelier."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Krowinski served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-6-3 has two state representatives. Incumbents Curt McCormack and Jill Krowinski were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Both candidates were unopposed in the general election.
Krowinski won election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-3. Krowinski was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Krowinski is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Krowinski raised a total of $16,595 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Jill Krowinski's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-3||$16,595|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,595|
2012Krowinski won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Krowinski raised a total of $16,595.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jill Krowinski's campaign in 2012|
|Maclachlan, Catherine A||$1,000|
|Perkinson, Jacob B||$1,000|
|Democracy For America||$500|
|Growald, Paul J||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,595|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Krowinski voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jill + Krowinski + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont.gov, "Gov. Shumlin appoints Jill Krowinski to Burlington House seat," February 8, 2012
- Jill for State Rep, "Priorities," accessed October 27, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Krowinski, Jill," accessed September 21, 2013
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013