Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Bonner's professional experience includes working as an instructor for the Alabama College System and a farmer.
Bonner's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Jobs are my first priority. Alabama needs jobs."
- Excerpt: "My pledge to the people of Alabama is to never, In my tenure as your State Senator, vote for a Tax Increase unless it is tied to a like amount tax decrease for the taxes YOU in district 6 pay. "
- Excerpt: "I pledge to adequately fund the technical schools in our district. To offer training in developing technical fields like wind and solar as well as traditional heavy manufacturing such as automobile and electrical power generation."
- State Budget
- Excerpt: "The impact on the tax base should be obvious. Without jobs there is no income and no income tax. No tax means no money to pay teachers, and roads and hospitals must suffer as we slide further down the pike. "
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Don Barnwell is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Millican will face Jim Bonner in the Republican primary.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 6 General election (2010)|
|Roger Bedford (D)||20,452|
|Jim Bonner (R)||17,816|
Bonner has four children.
- October 7, 2011 snapshot of Bonner's campaign website
- List of Republican candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- The Wetumpka Herald, "Senate, House elections will be critical"