|Alabama House of Representatives District 48|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position (current service)||3|
|Years in position (previous service)||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||August 30, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||June 5, 1946|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Jim Carns is unopposed in the Republican primary.
A special election was scheduled for November 29, 2011. However, since no Democrats filed for the seat, Carns took office after winning the August 30, 2011 Republican primary. He defeated Craig Sanderson, by a 1,134-682.
Carns is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + Carns + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- al.com, "Gov. Robert Bentley calls special election to fill two legislative seats," July 11, 2011
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Al.com, "Jim Carns wins in Alabama House District 48; Tommy Joe Alexander, Dickie Drake in runoff in House District 45," August 30, 2011
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012
|Alabama House District 48
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|