|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Memphis State University|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Cobb is a former County Chairman and Republican Candidate for State Senate.
Cobb has served in the United States Army and also worked as a Private Pilot. He worked for the Tennessee Valley Authority as Manager of Watts Bar Nuclear Plant but is now retired.
Cobb earned his B.A. in Public Administration from Memphis State University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cobb served on these committees:
- Calendar and Rules
- Government Operations, Chair
- Joint Committee on Government Operations, Chair
- State & Local Government
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cobb served on these committees:
- Government Operations Committee, Tennessee House, Secretary
- Health & Human Resources Committee, Tennessee House
- Subcommittee on Public Health and Family Assistance
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jim Cobb Incumbent||49.4%||4,255|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31 General Election (2010)|
|Jim Cobb (R)||13,789|
Cobb raised $45,493 for his campaign.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31 (2008)|
|Jim Cobb (R)||21,723|
In 2010, Cobb received $32,780 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Cobb's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$1,250|
|Harwell, Beth Halteman||$1,000|
|Wine & Spirits Wholesalers Of Tennessee||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$32,780|
Cobb raised $45,493 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee Dental Association||$3,500|
|Tennessee State Employees Association||$3,000|
|Three different donors||$1,500|
Cobb has a wife, Suzanne.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Cobb + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Clare Horton Banned From Teaching Over Alleged Sex With 16-Year-Old Student - Huffington Post
- $.10 For Week 10 - RealGM.com
- Ask Vic Halftime: This one could be for the playoffs - Packers.com (blog)
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Tennessee Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Official Website
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- New Orleans Times Picayune "Close races defeat 2 more incumbent lawmakers," August 3, 2012
- Unofficial Republican state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Tennessee General election results
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31
- District 31 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|
Ron Travis (R)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |