|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 9-1|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||9|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Condon earned his B.A. in History from the University of Connecticut in 1981.
Condon has worked in the following positions: Radio Deli and Grocery Store, Co-Host of The Manno and Condon Show, Press Secretary for Secretary of State Jim Guest, and New Director for Hall Communications.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Condon served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Condon served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Condon served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-9-1 has two representatives. Incumbent Jim Condon and Curt Taylor are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joey Purvis and Lane Esden are unopposed in the Republican primary.
Condon won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 9-1. Condon was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 7-1 General Election (2010)|
|Jim Condon (D)||1,386|
|Bob Bouchard (R)||1,204|
|Erin Bessy (D)||1,095|
|Lane Esden (R)||631|
Comprehensive donor information for Condon is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Condon raised a total of $3,511 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Jim Condon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-9-1||$2,061|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-7-1||$1,450|
|Grand Total Raised||$3,511|
2012Condon won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Condon raised a total of $2,061.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Condon's campaign in 2012|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Vermont Association Of Realtors||$200|
|Renewable Energy Vermont||$200|
|Vermont State Dental Society||$150|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,061|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Condon was up for re-election, he collected $1,450 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Condon voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Condon and his wife, Ginny McGehee, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Condon + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Condon, Jim," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013