|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 60|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Vanderbilt University, 1971|
|Birthday||September 25, 1949|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Gotto is retired from Bellsouth. He earned a B.S. in electrical engineering at Vanderbilt University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gotto served on these committees:
Gotto ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 60. Gotto ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and was defeated by Darren Jernigan (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 60, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Gotto Incumbent||49.8%||12,215|
In 2010, when Gotto first won election to the House, he collected $132,486 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Committee||$14,215|
|Leaders of Tennessee||$5,000|
|Fraternal Order of Police||$2,500|
Gotto is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Gotto + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jim Gotto's biography on Project Vote Smart
- Jim Gotto's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- Unofficial Republican state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Official House Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money.org, Jim Gotto candidate summary, Retrieved June 13, 2011
Ben West, Jr.
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 60
| Succeeded by|
Darren Jernigan (D)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |