|Arkansas House of Representatives District 89|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
House is a self-employed farrier. He previously worked as an Area Manager for the Arkansas Department of Health, and served as a Sergeant in the United States Army, Vietnam.
House is a member of the Farm Bureau, Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce, Arkansas Cattleman's Association, American Farriers Association, Vice President of the Arkansas Public Health Association, and President of the Arkansas Society of Professional Sanitarians.
House provided answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not respond when asked his legislative priorities.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Joint Energy Committee, Arkansas Assembly (Vice Chair)
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Executive
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism
- Subcommittee on Sales, Use, Miscellaneous Taxes and Exemptions
- Subcommittee on State Agencies (Chair)
House's sponsored legislation includes:
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
House raised $56,740 for his campaign, while Long raised $46,369.
|Arkansas State House, District 89 (2008)|
|Jim House (D)||8,252|
|Gene Long (R)||6,923|
Below are House's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$3,000|
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Arkansas Democratic House Caucus Leadership||$2,000|
|Mark Pryor for US Senate||$2,000|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Jim House
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Jim House on Facebook
|Arkansas House District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|