For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Texas, District 15|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Place of birth||Boise, ID|
|Profession||President/CEO, Verdant Strategies, Incorporated|
Kuiken's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "If any politician ever tells you they will “create jobs,” run the other way. Politicians do not create an environment for job growth – they generally kill them by expanding government, over regulation through stifling policies and laws, and funding everything by increasing tax burdens on small businesses."
- Border Security and Cross Border Violence
- Excerpt: "Whether in Washington or South Texas, many politicians don’t have a clue about the border and security issues which are effecting the entire nation. Sadly, some refuse to even recognize or acknowledge what is happening here."
- Healthcare and Social Programs
- Excerpt: "In South Texas there is a huge and growing population of retirees and Veterans. Coupled with the unemployment levels, low income and under-employed, and poverty levels here, social safety net programs, elder care and Veteran programs are extremely important to many of us here in South Texas."
Kuiken and his wife, Celia, have three children.
- Texas' 15th Congressional District
- Texas' 15th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |