was a 2014 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 3rd Congressional District
He lost in the Democratic primary on June 3, 2014.
Liljeberg is a longtime Mississippi resident. He teaches high school Math.
Liljeberg listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "Jim would first RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE, so that people who work full time are not living in poverty."
- Excerpt: "Higher education is becoming financially out of reach for ordinary folks more and more each year, and it’s time for a new 'G.I. bill' for all working people, to send Americans to college for very little cost."
- Excerpt: "Jim also believes we need to protect our basic freedoms and liberties and stop the NSA spying, the drones, and the ability to imprison Americans without a trial."
- Excerpt: "We do not need to raise a penny of taxes, either."
- See also: Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
Liljeberg ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Mississippi's 3rd District. Liljeberg lost the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014.
Liljeberg is married with three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Liljeberg + Mississippi + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Jim Liljeberg News Feed