|Alabama House of Representatives District 50|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Birmingham-Southern College, 1965|
|Other||OD, University of Houston, 1967|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
McClendon is a retired optometrist. He had a private practice from 1971 to 2002, and served as an assistant professor of Optometry at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
McClendon served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (State Government), Chair
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology, Chair
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Ron Crumpton is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jerry L. Fielding will face Jim McClendon in the Republican primary.
McClendon won re-election to the 50th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
McClendon raised $126,117 for his campaign.
In 2010, McClendon raised $133,149 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Optometric Association||$25,000|
|Mcclendon, James H||$20,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$6,000|
|Community Bankers Association Of Alabama||$2,500|
|Fight Back For Justice||$2,500|
In 2006, McClendon collected $126,117 in donations.
Below are McClendon's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Optometric Assoc||$25,000|
|Community Bankers Assoc of AL||$5,000|
|Sound Economy PAC||$1,500|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$1,500|
McClendon and his wife, Ellen, have two children.
McClendon is a trustee of the Springville First United Methodist Church. He is also president of the Alabama Optometric Association, founder and director of Davis Lake Fire Department and a member of the Jefferson County Health Planning Commission.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + McClendon + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jim McClendon Homepage (Dated)
- Alabama Legislature - Jim McClendon
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McClendon
|Alabama House District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|