|Alabama House of Representatives District 50|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Birmingham-Southern College, 1965|
|Other||OD, University of Houston, 1967|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
McClendon is a retired optometrist. He had a private practice from 1971 to 2002, and served as an assistant professor of Optometry at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
McClendon served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (State Government), Chair
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology, Chair
McClendon won re-election to the 50th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
McClendon raised $126,117 for his campaign.
In 2010, McClendon raised $133,149 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Optometric Association||$25,000|
|Mcclendon, James H||$20,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$6,000|
|Community Bankers Association Of Alabama||$2,500|
|Fight Back For Justice||$2,500|
In 2006, McClendon collected $126,117 in donations.
Below are McClendon's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Optometric Assoc||$25,000|
|Community Bankers Assoc of AL||$5,000|
|Sound Economy PAC||$1,500|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$1,500|
McClendon and his wife, Ellen, have two children.
McClendon is a trustee of the Springville First United Methodist Church. He is also president of the Alabama Optometric Association, founder and director of Davis Lake Fire Department and a member of the Jefferson County Health Planning Commission.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + McClendon + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hill announces candidacy for House District 50 seat - Newsaegis
- Mobile Press school columns for Nov. 20 - al.com (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Jim McClendon Homepage (Dated)
- Alabama Legislature - Jim McClendon
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
|Alabama House District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|