|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||N.C. A&T Greensboro|
Morton earned his B.S. from N.C. State and his M.S. from N.C. A&T Greensboro. His professional experience includes working in research at N.C. State, as a farmer and as a Vocational educator for 38 years.
Morton's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Reduce the number of speeding tickets given out on the Jacksonville ByPass."
- Excerpt: "Extend the ByPass (Western Blvd) from Gum Branch Road to Hwy 258/ Hwy 17 South."
- Excerpt: "Support education by developing a vocational school in the western area having access for several communities."
- Excerpt: "Support new job developments."
- Excerpt: "Limit big government."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Phillip Shepard defeated Jim Morton in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 15 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Phillip Shepard Incumbent||79.3%||3,282|
Morton is a member of the First Baptist Church, New River Lions, the Masonic Lodge and the Shrine Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Morton + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 15
- Official campaign website
- Jim Morton on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Bio," accessed April 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |