Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives District 34|
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Shay Shelnutt will face Jim Murphree, Gayle Gear, Brett King, Adam Ritch, Joe Cochran, and Jim Roberts in the Republican primary.
Murphree ran in the special election for District 34 of the Alabama House of Representatives. He lost against Bill Burns, Mark Butler, Joe Hughes, Chris Latta and David Standridge in the Republican primary on October 23, 2012.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Murphree was a Republican candidate for District 17 of the Alabama State Senate. The primary election was on June 1, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010. Murphree was defeated in the June 1 primary by Scott Beason.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- AL.com, "Blount County's District 34 House race headed to a runoff," October 23, 2012
- Governor of Alabama, "Governor Bentley Appoints Blaine Galliher as Legislative Director," July 26, 2012
- The Republic, "Candidates qualify for special elections to fill 2 vacant seats in Alabama House," September 11, 2012
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|