|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 15B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Newberger served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Law|
|• Public Safety Finance and Policy|
|• Transportation Policy|
Newberger's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Protect Life"
- Excerpt: "Adhere to the Constitution"
- Excerpt: "Work to reduce government growth and waste"
- Excerpt: "Uphold our Constitutional liberties."
- Excerpt: "Cut government spending."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Newberger won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 15B. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Brian Johnson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 15B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Newberger is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Newberger raised a total of $14,036 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Jim Newberger's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 15B||$14,036|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,036|
2012Newberger won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Newberger raised a total of $14,036.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Newberger's campaign in 2012|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Michele PAC Minnesota||$500|
|15B House District Republican Party of Minnesota||$419|
|Tom Emmer Gov. Committee||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,036|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Newberger + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "jimforminnesota," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Newberger, Jim," accessed December 12, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
King Banaian (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 15B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |