was a 2014 Democratic
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 6th Congressional District
. Read dropped out after losing the Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) endorsement to Joe Perske
at the Democratic convention.
- See also: Minnesota's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
Read ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Minnesota's 6th District. Read withdrew from the race after Joe Perske won the Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) endorsement at the Democratic convention.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Read's reports.
|Jim Read (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$0.00||$33,778.00||$(9,643.81)||$24,134.19|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2014||$33,975.00||$1,440.00||$(35,976.00)||$1,633.00|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Read + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Jim Read News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, "About," accessed November 11, 2013
- ↑ St. Cloud Times, "Perske gets DFL endorsement in 6th District," accessed June 12, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Jim Read Summary Report," accessed April 23, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Jim Read Year-End," accessed April 23, 2014