|Alabama Commissioner of Insurance|
|September 15, 2008 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||September 15, 2008|
|Appointed by||Governor Bob Riley|
|Bachelor's||University of the Ozarks|
|Place of birth||Arkansas|
Ridling was born in Arkansas, but has spent most of his life between California and Montgomery, Alabama. He graduated from the University of the Ozarks and began a nearly 20 year career in the insurance management business based in California. He later returned to "his native south," where he has remained ever since.
Before becoming insurance commissioner, Ridling was President and CEO of Southern Guaranty Insurance Co. Before that, he was Executive Vice President of U.S. Operations at Fireman's Fund Insurance.
- University of the Ozarks
Alabama Insurance Commissioner (2008-present)
Ridling took office as commissioner on September 15, 2008 and reappointed on January 17, 2011. As the commissioner of insurance serves his term concurrent with the governor that appointed him, Ridling will next come up for reappointment on January 19, 2015, when the next gubernatorial term begins.
Ridling was first appointed to the position of insurance commissioner in 2008 by former governor Bob Riley.
Ridling has a wife, Cathy, and two daughters, Erin and the late Hannah Ridling,
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Ridling + Alabama + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Department of Insurance, Commissioner Ridling
- Alabama Department of Insurance, "Bio of Commissioner Jim L. Ridling," accessed May 24, 2011
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners, "Member Bio - Jim L. Ridling," accessed May 24, 2011
- Code of Alabama, "Section 27-2-2," accessed May 24, 2011
|Alabama Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|