For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Runestad served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Families, Children, and Seniors, Majority Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
Runestad's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "No issue robs Michigander’s of their liberty more than taxes. Jim agrees with the Tea Party mantra that we’re “Taxed Enough Already”."
- Excerpt: "After passing E-Verify at the County level, Runestad now wants to take the fight to Lansing and build a pro-jobs coalition to support and pass E-Verify legislation at the state level!"
- Excerpt: "It’s more important than ever to remain vigilant about our constitutionally established liberties. Among these threatened are our 2nd Amendment rights and the rights of the unborn."
- Excerpt: "To protect the tax-paying citizens of Michigan, we must ensure that those living and working here are here legally."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mark Venie was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jim Runestad defeated Liz Fessler Smith, Dennis Garlick and Russ Tierney in the Republican primary. Runestad defeated Venie in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 44 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Liz Fessler Smith||33.2%||3,559|
In 2014, Runestad's endorsements included the following:
- L. Brooks Patterson, Oakland County Executive
- The Detroit News
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Right to Life of Michigan PAC
- Madison Project Michigan PAC
- Michigan Association of Realtors PAC
- The Great Lakes Education Project (GLEP)
- Michigan Farm Bureau AgriPac Committee
- National Rifle Association AQ
- Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners
- Small Business Association
- Michigan Association of Insurance Agents (MAIA)
- Michigan Township Association PAC
- The Republican Liberty Caucus
- Mike Kowall, 15th District Michigan State Senator
- Eileen Kowall, 44th District State Representative
- Kerry Bentivolio, 11th District U.S. Congressman
- David B. Robertson, 26th District Michigan State Senator
- Joseph Graves, 51st District State Representative
- Hugh Crawford, 38th District State Representative
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Runestad + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 44
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Republicans - Jim Runestad
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jim Runestad on Facebook
- Jim Runestad on Twitter
- runwithrunestad.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- runwithrunestad.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 29, 2014
Eileen Kowall (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |