|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 45|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Sponenberg's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "It's not only the K–12 education system that needs to be addressed—the community college system and university system are also under attack. Many resources are needed in both systems that are unique to the system, as well as issues common to all three such as salaries, maintenance, new construction and new programs. Instead of determining how much the education dollar is, then dividing it three ways, we should determine the needs of the three parts of the education effort and work to get the needed dollars."
- Excerpt: "We must respond to attacks on our land and water resources. Not only is there a need to protect the beauty of our area for ourselves, but also for our state and nation. Wildlife areas for hunters and fishermen, State Parks and State Forests for all citizens, and planned developments are all efforts worth pursuing and pursuing the right way."
- Excerpt: "The economy of Northwestern NC is very important to us, yet has not been a high priority of the State’s efforts lately, if ever. There are many changes being made and discussed concerning the State’s approach to economic development. We need to be aware of the direction the State is taking and stay engaged in the process."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Daniel Soucek was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Jim Sponenberg was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Soucek defeated Sponenberg in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 45 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Daniel Soucek Incumbent||60.2%||33,165|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Sponenberg + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 45
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jim Sponenberg on Facebook
- Jim Sponenberg on Twitter
- sponenbergforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014